Spaghetti Squash Yakisoba Style
Author: Pickled Plum – Caroline Phelps
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Healthy, Vegetarian
- 1 pound spaghetti squash
- 1 small onion, finely chopped bite size
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup coleslaw mix of carrots and cabbage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried red chile, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Â½ tbsp granulated sugar
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, scrape off the seeds with a spoon and microwave for 20-25 minutes (or bake in the oven at 400FÂº for 40-50 minutes).
- Use a fork and scrape the flesh into strings.
- In a large pan over high heat, add vegetable oil and onions. Cook for three minutes or until onions are soft. Add coleslaw mix and red chile and cook for two minutes.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and cook for another two minutes.
- Add spaghetti squash, scallions and sauce, and mix well until the sauce has evenly coated all the vegetables. Cook for two minutes and turn the heat off.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with sesame seeds and serve.
Serving size:Â 5 Calories:Â 185 Fat:Â 5.8 Saturated fat:Â 1Cholesterol:Â 2